Edith,

I use the SNDPTFORD command from the 5250 screen, and select options to
create an image and to put it in a folder on the IFS. I usually start this
in the evening, i5/OS (V5R4) gets the CUME, group(s), or individual PTF(s)
and they are there in the morning. I add the images to a image catalog, and
away we go for applying.

I have tried FTP and Download Director in the past, and neither one works
well for me. The FTP stops after one image is retrieved, and I take my
Laptop home every night, so Download DIrector is really not a good option.

Our connection speed to the internet is 30 megabit up and down, and is
shared to run 3 remote warehouses over VPN in addition to our website
traffic and other internet access.

HTH

Jim