Try using DSPOVR MRGOVR(*NO) to verify if the following might assist:

Remove the OVRPRTF *PRTF OUTQ(*LIBL/CER560) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) that is being issued prior to starting the debug; i.e. a DSPOVR issued even before CALL MyTestPgm, I expect would have shown a *JOB scoped override. That override could originate in the INLPGM(), the routing program, or some prior setup activity. Thus DLTOVR *PRTF LVL(*JOB) issued prior to CALL MyTestPgm will likely resolve... if the DSPOVR without merging overrides shows what I expect will be that undesired override to the /wrong/ OUTQ().

Regards, Chuck

David FOXWELL wrote:

I'd like the program that I'm testing to generate its spool
file in the outq of the test library I'm using. I'm not sure
if it's possible without modifying the program.
MyTestPgm :
OVRPRTF MySplf OUTQ(MyOutQ) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) CALL MyProductionPgm

MyProductionPgm :
OVRPRTF FILE(MySplf) TOFILE(ovrfile) SPLFNAME(&splfname) Debugging, I see, for the overrides :
Fichier Niveau Type Spécifications mots clés MySplf 3 PRT TOFILE(*LIBL/ovrfile) SPLFNAME(mysplf)
*JOB PRT OUTQ(*LIBL/CER560)
And the call stack
QCMD MyTestPgm MyProductionPgm