FTP to AS400 from Unix server gives Hex 0D at end

fixed

Hi All,

One of our partners is FTPing data from a Unix FTP server to the AS400. I
get a Hex '0D' at the end.

When the data being sent was matching in length (AS400 file record length
was 368 characters and partner claimed that he was sending 368 characters),
the last character (which was a blank) was replaced by X'0D'. When he sent
another file with varying data lengths (to a different AS400 file), on the
AS400 I get the X'0D' was after the last character, followed by blanks.

I tried googling, and even though got a few hits with the same problem, did
not find any solution.

TIA for any suggestions.