From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of darren@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:40 AM
To: midrange-l
Subject: HSSF POI performance huge memory usage

I'm using the HSSF POI API's, via Scott Klement's service programs, to
generate a rather large spreadsheet. It has two tabs with about 20K
rows, and I've come to accept that it will take a little while to run.
However, as I watch my job, I see 'Temporary Storage Used' go as high as
600MB.
I've studied the service programs, as well as my own code, to make sure
that I'm freeing local references to objects whenever I'm done with
them.
Is this normal behavior for these API's with a larger spreadsheet, or do
I have a memory leak somewhere?