I am thinking more in terms of development boxes so I'd like the whole tamale. i5/OS and the licensed programs. I think only i5/OS is the one that trips me up. Can't remember if any licensed programs are "processor" sensitive. I know it would make getting license keys a challenge (it is already bad enough). Maybe use the Microsoft MSDN/Action Pack model: Grant "x" number of licenses (like 3) for all components.

Right now the blade firmware is erroneously reporting that number of active processors on my JS12 (two cores) (supposed to be fixed soon) so I just get a "i5/OS usage limit exceeded - operator action required" message. But if I could run a few LPARs while I try stuff out (without a 70 day limit) it would be sweet.

Pete