You can install your applications in one library, while setting up other
libraries for data - separated by organization. It's not like you have to
deploy an application runtime environment under separate partitions.

Very true. Just thinking off the top of my head (vs. the bottom :-), here
are the things a development environment within an LPAR would need to
facilitate for an RPGCGI programmer:

- Access to two libraries - one for the CGI programs to run in and be
exposed to the outside world, and one for other programs that you don't want
invoked as CGI and DB2 tables.

- Access to an IFS folder where they could add new files (.html, .jpg, .js,
.css, etc)

- Ability to start/stop their Apache instance

- Ability to view the logs of their Apache instance

- Ability to view the spool files generated by their Apache instance

A program could be written to quickly setup all the above for a new user
with a few key strokes (I have most of that code already written). The
access to active jobs and spool files could use adoptive authority as long
as the profile accessing the job matched the server instance name (i.e. we
would name profiles USR0001 with a lib of USR0001 and an Apache instance of
USR0001). Am I missing anything?

I would really like to get this infrastructure off the ground so people can
start trying out RPGCGI programming on a system that is all setup for them.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com
http://mowyourlawn.com/blog/