Hi Rob

Second tape is not because overflow ... So ... do you think that my idea will not increase data safety?
And you say that this is impossible ...
hmmm .... but I tried to test:
ADDTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CTG(MON)
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*MOUNTED)
SAV...
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*DEMOUNTED)
RMVTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CGY(*NOSHARE)

then

ADDTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CTG(ZET)
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*MOUNTED)
SAV...
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*DEMOUNTED)
RMVTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CGY(*NOSHARE)

on both tapes data was saved - "WAS SAVED" means that DSPTAP show correct data on tape

and next:

ADDTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CTG(TUE)
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*MOUNTED)
SAV...
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*DEMOUNTED)
RMVTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CGY(*NOSHARE)

then

CHGTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CTG(ZET) CGY(*NOSHARE)
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*MOUNTED)
SAV...
SETTAPCGY DEV(TAPMLB02) OPTION(*DEMOUNTED)
RMVTAPCTG DEV(TAPMLB02) CGY(*NOSHARE)

and it also worked ...

The problem which I seem is if there are enough time to save on two tapes during night ... That's why I asked about Duplicated tape ...
abut your idea with virtual tape .... is it faster process than SAV?

I'm not used yet virtual tape - so I have to read some ....

One more question - how to NOT use cartrige/tape name (volume MON) but slot number? I ask because our backup scenario/schedule is quite complicated and now tape is not labeled (like MON TUE etc) ... And current we use streamer 3580 with one tape.
I change the name only for this test.
If I have to use named tape I have to BE VERY CAREFULL about tape's name convention ...

And one more question - is it important to which slot I load which tape? Means MON to slot1. TUE to slot2. If I load MON to slot5 if autoloader recognize it and corectly use?

And one more question - is it possible to autoloader automatically unload/export tape MON after backup on ZET? It will be very helpfull - on the morning the tape will be ready to get it and operator will not have to think "where I have tape MON - in which slot?" Is it option ENDOPT on save command?

Regards
Tomek