Recommendation by the system administrator was to IPL. That has been done. Chuck related an issue at V5R3 and fix PTF. Based on the long time since a CUME has been applied (years), I would think something might be there. Our SA is non-communicative, even with IBM, unless as a last resort.

The box is still IPLed weekly. I think it is Saturday night. Which means something is going on that shouldn't just be covered over. But, I am VERY low on the food chain, at least in the mind of the SA.

John McKee

-----Original message-----
From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:36:36 -0600
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: High CPU and high DASD

Do us a favor, if you have IBM support, call them before you IPL. I
wouldn't want this machine to get a rep as "just IPL it". Also, if IBM
finds a solution and issues a PTF then we can search on that same task and
download that ptf.

Now, I am going to sneak out early so that I can pick up the kids from
home and IPL this machine before 7:30 to fix a backup issue.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E