From: "JDHorn"
Stuart Your tone sucks. If this is the best you can do then "yes" shut
your mouth until you can speak in a civil way.

Hi Jim. I should begin by confirming that Stuart initially came across as smug - perhaps even rude. But let's not allow that to get in the way of discussing a relevant topic.

My opinion of X-Analysis just dropped way down listening you. If you
were trying to sell it, you certainly failed. If this is an example of who
I would have to deal with at Databorough then count me out..

That's unfortunate. I view X-Analysis kind of like I view products from Vision Solutions. While I may not have an immediate need, the maturing and robust nature of their products, and their market leadership may force me to consider them - should the need arise.

Stuart may also be in a position to be smug. During the past 10 years we've seen maintenance of legacy systems slow to a trickle. During the same period we've seen migrations away from legacy systems - a trickle in some cases - wholesale replacement in others. Intuitively, that trend should accelerate during the next decade as RPG developers retire, along with other reasons.

It appears to me that at some point, many of us will be dealing with requirements to analyze systems, either to document requirements for new development, or wholesale system replacement. Maybe we'll be documenting requirements, and submitting RFP's for vendor solutions.

What would you do in that situation?

-Nathan.