On 2/20/2010 4:02 PM, Pete Hall wrote:
I've got sort of a mess, and I'm wondering if X-Analysis would help.
Anyone have experience with it? I'd welcome your opinion.

I've got a large, pasta infested, monolithic RPG program with no user
interface. It develops data for other programs. It's been improved to
the point where it's just not maintainable anymore. I need to rewrite it
as a series of service programs, and I'm going nuts trying to extract
the business rules.

I've used X-Analysis. I don't see how it's going to reveal all the
business rules. Here are some examples of business rules:

custno chain credithold
if not %found()...

-load libl into array-
for i = 1 to maxLibs
lib(x) lookup testLibraryTable
if %found() propagate = *off
endfor
100 lines later
if propagate
call copyTransactionToTest
endif

if *in20 = *on
// display field for 'special attention' is set
call thisCustomerNeedsSpecialAttention
endif

--buck