Hi guys and girls

Today I get Media Library 3581, autoconfigurator created following devices:

Opt Device Type Text
TAPMLB01 *MLB CREATED BY AUTO-CONFIGURATION
TAP04 3580 Tape Unit

But status is:
TAPMLB01 VARIED ON
TAP04 VARIED OFF

If I tried to Vary On TAP04 I get message:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPD2616 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 02/17/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 13:32:20

Message . . . . : Device TAP04 vary failed. No recovery attempted.
Cause . . . . . : Device vary failed. Reason code is 00003404. Reason
codes have these meanings:
--00003404: An error occurred during vary on processing.
Recovery . . . :
--00003404: Check your hardware to ensure it is connected correctly and is
powered on. Look for any tape VLIC logs (major code 2E00) or error logs
that were created around the time of failure which may indicate the problem.
Then try the request again. If the problem occurs again report the problem
(ANZPRB command).

Storage resources:

Work with Storage Resources
System: S659FCAB
Type options, press Enter.
7=Display resource detail 9=Work with resource

Opt Resource Type-model Status Text
CMB01 2844-001 Operational Combined function IOP
DC03 5709-001 Operational Storage Controller
DC04 5702-001 Operational Storage Controller
TAPMLB01 *MLB-310 Operational Tape Library
CMB02 268C-001 Operational Combined function IOP
DC06 6B02-001 Operational Storage Controller

Resources on TAPMLB01

Work with Storage Controller Resources
System: S659FCAB
Type options, press Enter.
5=Work with configuration descriptions 7=Display resource detail

Opt Resource Type-model Status Text
TAPMLB01 *MLB-310 Operational Tape Library
TAP04 3580-002 Operational Tape Unit

I set up SCSI ID to "7"

Regards

Tomasz SkorÅa