Rob, be very careful when pluging cables on the EXP24. As you probably know
there are 2 types of repeaters/enablers. FC5741 support 6 drives and which 6
will depend on whre it is plugged. FC5742 will support 6 drives plus will
allow you use SCSI cable to attach to FC5741 tus supporting up to 12 drives.
The 5742 has a IN and an OUT mixing those up will give you all sorts of
headaches. Depending on how you want to configure the EXP24 you could
attach two 5742s connected to 2 5741s to 1 disk controller via 2 cables (
running 24 drives ) or the other extreme would be 4 controllers each
attached to one 5741 ( each running 6 drives ) or several other combos.