Jose Antonio Salazar Montenegro wrote:
The authentication discussion was very helpful, we also wanted to
consolidate DDM access through the same profile, to avoid replicating dozens of profiles.

I wonder if there is further advice about creating localhost DDMFs?

We did as Mark suggested but still can't figure why they won't work on our setup.

Jose Antonio Salazar Montenegro wrote:

I was asked if a small set of DDMFs can be created pointing
to the same IBM i. That way we could use a single machine
for development.

Using RMTLOCNAME(MYSYSTEM *SNA) and attempting a DSPPFM fails
with: "Remote location AFIRMED for program device DDMDEVICE was
not found."

Using RMTLOCNAME(LOCALHOST *IP) or RMTLOCNAME('127.0.0.1' *IP)
and attempting a DSPPFM fails with: "A remote host refused an
attempted connect operation."

I'm not knowledgeable enough about device or network
configuration to conclude that it can't be done, though.

The original posting [included above as a secondary quoted message] did not give the full message details; i.e. only the first level text was given. I infer from the USEnglish text that the error message was CPE3425 for which there may be no second level text on the release being used, but I can only assume that. In other messages, for example, there could be a return code or other details in the second-level text that would indicate what reason the connection was refused and\or what actions to pursue for recovery.

The link I gave in a prior posting about DDM TCP/IP connection errors [that & another listed below] would describe some typical origins for the latter [and IMO easier TCP/IP] setup; specifically, that the CPE3425 suggests the DDM server is not started [which could mean 'prematurely ended' such that it is not "listening"] or the wrong port was specified. So what do the WRKTCPSTS selections show for the localhost\loopback and the "connection status" of the DRDA, DDM, and DDM-SSL ports? Beyond just the RMTLOCNAME, what was the full specification on the CRTDDMF? What does the prompted ?CHGDDMTCPA show? What does the host table entry in CFGTCP show for the localhost?
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/ddm/rbae5failures.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/topic/ddp/rbal1reqfail.htm

Regards, Chuck