From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:08 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Encouraging News (Was Sad news)

Don wrote:
OK guys,

Before it gets to be a long night... I think we've figured that they're
coming out of chapter 11 and, at least for the time being, things are
looking status quo and OK.

I don't know where you get this stuff. It's NOT status quo. It's NOT
OK. When a company stiffs its creditors to the tune of 85 cents on the
dollar, that's a bridge that's pretty severely toasted. It may be that
Penton is getting entirely out of the printed material business and so
it's not a problem to default on debts to printers. And who knows,
maybe the printers are happy to get 15 cents on the dollar.

I sorta doubt it, but I don't know.

But I'm a little pissed off at being called a doomsayer when all I did
was say that Penton declaring bankruptcy is a sad thing.

Because it is.

Gz, Louise, it's a freaking Crazy Day in Bizarro World when I get told
to lighten up by DON...