Le: 08 févr. 2010, vous écriviez dans:
gmane.comp.hardware.ibm.midrange:

Sorry for those questions but, I guess that we have to start with the
basics to help you solve this issue.

iSeries:

HMC1: 192.168.2.147/24 (/24 = 255.255.255.0), gw=192.168.2.1
HMC2: 192.168.3.147/24 (not connected)

Win2k8:

LAN2: 192.168.2.20/24, gw=192.168.2.1
LAN1: 192.168.5.12/24, gw=192.168.5.1

OK, so, no subnet mask issue.

LAN2 -> HMC1, direct connection (no switch)
LAN1 -> switched and managed by DHCP

When you try to connect to ASMI from Win2k8, what does netstat say for
HMC1 IP address ? What does arp say for HMC1 IP address ? Do you find
the appropriate MAC address ? Are you sure that no firewall
configuration prevents connection to HMC1 ?

Both machines (iSeries and Win2k8) have been rebooted during this
exercise, so all transient routes have been purged.

I do not know about Windows, but I guess that there is no routing
problem here.

Can you connect to ASMI on HMC2, through a direct connection also, with
a PC setup with the appropriate IP configuration ?