On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 02:24, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a little skeptical about your pricing. ÂAn entry-level model 520 starts at $6,345:

And a decent config (16GB RAM, RAID, 6 Disks, LTO4) costs a lot more:

For comparison purposes, 1CHF = 1 US$

26kUS$ for the box the alone, add 20kUS$ for the licensing (30 users,
in this case). The configuration assumes that the user has a OS
license he can transfer. If he hasn't, it gets more expensive.

8203-E4A Server 1:8203 Model E4A 1
401.00 121.00 Mth
0041 Device Parity Protection-All, Specify Code 1
N/C
0267 IBM i Operating System Partition Specify 1
N/C
0534 IBM i 6.1 Specify Code 1
N/C
0839 #3677 Load Source Specify 1
N/C
1023 Modem Cable - Swiss 1
N/C
1827 System port/UPS Conversion Cable 1
167.00
1843 Op Panel Cable for Deskside System w/3.5 1
9.00
DASD
2145 Primary OS - IBM i 1
N/C
2893 PCIe 2-Line WAN w/Modem 1
891.00
3655 SAS HH Cable 1
55.00
3677 139.5GB 15k rpm SAS Disk Drive 6
6'624.00
4532 4096MB (2x2048MB) RDIMMs, 667 MHz, 1Gb DRAM 1
1'740.00
5000 Software Preload Required 1
N/C
5553 Sys Console-Ethernet No IOP 1
N/C
5623 Dual-port 1Gb Integrated Ethernet Daughter 1
473.00
Card
5633 1-core 4.2 GHz POWER6 Processor Card, 4 1
2'669.00
Memory DIMM Slots
5676 Zero-priced Processor Activation for #5633 1
N/C
5679 SAS RAID Enablement 1
3'936.00
5743 SATA Slimline DVD-ROM Drive 1
422.00
5746 Half High 800GB/1.6TB LTO4 SAS Tape Drive 1
6'239.00 85.00 Mth
6476 Power Cord (9-foot), To Wall/OEM PDU, (250V, 2
48.00
10A), Plug Type #24
7112 IBM Deskside Cover Set (With door) 1
551.00
7703 Power Supply, 950 Watt AC, Hot-swap, Base 2
846.00
and Redundant
8310 DASD/Media Backplane for 3.5 DASD/SATA DVD/Tape 1
973.00
with External SAS Port
9634 1W Growth Express Edition 1
N/C
9704 Language Group Specify - German 1
N/C

_____________ __________
Serial: N/A Total CHF
26'044.00 CHF 206.00 Mth

5733-SPO IBM SW Maintenance for IBM i and Selected 1
N/C
Products, 3-Year Extended Registration
2935 MultiLingual Language 1
N/C
5809 Supply 1
N/C
W3YKA5 P05 Per Processor 3-Year Extended 1
4'794.00 OTC B

____________
Serial: N/A Total CHF
4'794.00 OTC

5761-SSA IBM i per Processor License Billing 1
N/C
M0FJU4 OTC per Proc w/ 90-Day SWMA (E4A 1-Core) 1
4'714.00 OTC B

____________
Serial: N/A Total CHF
4'714.00 OTC

5761-SSC IBM i per User Billing 1
N/C
M0F0T4 OTC per 5 Users (E4A 1-Core) 4
8'136.00 OTC B
M0FZU9 OTC per 5 Users Charged with HW (E4A 1-Core) 2
N/C

Serial: N/A Total CHF
8'136.00 OTC