Taking baby steps I modified this

Select cast(Repeat('0', 6 - Length(Trim(MyFld)))
concat Trim(MYFLD) as char(6)) as NewTxt
,A.*
FROM QTEMP/DELETEME A
....+....1....+...
NEWTXT MYFLD
000001 1
000012 12
000034 34
123456 123456
++++++ 1234567899

Then I zapped a line in front and a character at the end
Create view qtemp/deletemev as(
Select cast(Repeat('0', 6 - Length(Trim(MyFld)))
concat Trim(MYFLD) as char(6)) as NewTxt
,A.*
FROM QTEMP/DELETEME A)
View DELETEMEV created in QTEMP.

and got