darren@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

WRKSPLF also has a way to execute the CHGWTR CPP. F22 with
Intermediate Assistance Level makes it accessible. If you find a
solution to this, I'd be interested in hearing it, since we just
experienced a misused CHGWTR command ourselves. Redirected a
writer to a normally unconnected OUTQ, and hundreds of spools
were processed.

Maybe there is another CHGWTR command somewhere?

The F22 I think is just another way to get to WRKWTR, so if the 2=Change from WRKWTR is just CHGWTR, then that information is not much beyond what has already been discussed in this thread.? The other thread where the similar conversation took place, on the BPCS list, referred instead [of WRKWTR] to "Work with Printing Status" which is option 9="Work with printing status" from WRKSPLF or WRKOUTQ.
http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l/201001/msg00050.html

That interface, apparently a prompted interface similar to the CL command WRKPRTSTS, can lead one to the "Change Status" display which apparently will start a writer to an[other] output queue; I did not really read the help text that thoroughly. Perhaps this is an alternate interface that effects the same as CHGWTR, but by a means other than that command [and its CPP]. A TRCJOB of the various methods of change available to the user from the option-9, may reveal another command and\or program to audit for origin of the concern expressed by the OP.

.. ...........................................................
: : Change Status
: :
: : Printer . . . . . . . . . . : QPADEV00D7
: :
: : Output queue of file . . . . : QEZJOBLOG
: : Library . . . . . . . . . : QUSRSYS
: :
: : Select one of the following:
: :
: : 1. Move file to output queue of printer and start it
: : 2. Start printer writer to output queue of file
: :

Regards, Chuck