From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 2:49 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Using STRPCCMD with & in file name

Try invoking it via ShellExec. Something like this should work:

CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) +
VALUE('rundll32 shell32,ShellExec_RunDLL +
"\\192.168.2.60\ACCT\P&L 10-16-2009.PDF"' )
STRPCCMD PCCMD(&CMD) PAUSE(*NO)

John Allen wrote:
We have been using STRPCCMD to display PDF files in the IFS. Works great.

Just had a user create a PDF file that contained an & in the PDF file name
(P&L statement.PDF)

When using STRPCPCM to display this file we get an error. It appears the
STRPCCMD is stopping at the & character

STRPCCMD PCCMD('"\\192.168.2.60\ACCT\P&L 10-16-2009.PDF"') PAUSE(*NO)

Generates an error:

'L' is not recognized as an internal or external command

If I rename the file by changing the P&L to PNL everything works fine

I tried enclosing the & in quotes and that did not help

Any ideas?

Thanks

John