And trust me, stuff changes. I think when IBM upped the number of
spool
files a job can have they had to change the number of digits is just
one
small example.

Yes, this is the problem I have with the TAATOOLS set of helpers. There are
tons of great ideas implemented within TAATOOL, but none of them (last I
looked, about three years ago) has ever been improved to take advantage of
system-supplied APIs. I do realize (and remember) that TAATOOLS predated
those APIs. They filled a huge gap, but it's like they never were
interested in the more efficient and reliable approach. There's money
involved now, and I cannot see the justification, given the hassle and the
inefficiencies of "the TAA approach." Even long after APIs were available,
new TAA tools did not take advantage of them. I hope they've changed that
practice.

I have my own set of tools - some similar to the TAA set but with
enhancements - and mine take full advantage of system-supplied APIs. It's
worth the effort.

Dennis Lovelady
I bought powdered water but I don't know what to mix with it.