That's what I thought. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Thanks for all responses.

TA

"Scott Klement" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mailman.2107.1260322883.31599.midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remember, subfiles are not actually database files. They don't have indexes ("keys"), and therefore it would be extremely difficult for a subfile to check if it had a duplicate value.

Really, subfiles are just fancy arrays that are maintained by the OS.

Timothy Adair wrote:
Is there a subfile keyword/technique/simple way to require the values entered into a SFL to be unique. I don't suppose IBM built this feature into DDS? Or do I have to check the SFL programmatically?

I have a SFL where the user enters multiple pages of customer numbers and they can be in any order, they just can't enter the same number more than once.

Any and all thoughts on this are appreciated.

TA