FWiW the DSPOBJD is potentially a very expensive method to determine "if a library has at least one changed object". I would use a SAVCHGOBJ with its default of /since last full save/ [i.e. REFDATE(*SAVLIB)] to determine the answer to the question; of course with that criteria of since when. This can be effected with probably fewer resources by limiting the actual capabilities of the save request by using a DEV(*SAVF) created with CRTSAVF MAXRCDS(1). Using this method, a save which has at least one object will fail with Diag CPF3808 and Escape CPF3815 indicating the maximum number of records was exceeded. A save which has no objects will /complete/ without saving any objects, then issuing the completion CPC3708 suggesting "all object excluded" for the given reference date\time. For example, using the command strings like:

===> CRTSAVF QTEMP/CHGTEST MAXRCDS(1)
===> SAVCHGOBJ OBJ(*ALL) LIB(&LIBNAME) DEV(*SAVF) OBJTYPE(*ALL) OBJJRN(*YES) REFDATE(*SAVLIB) SAVF(QTEMP/CHGTEST) UPDHST(*NO) CLEAR(*ALL) PRECHK(*NO) SAVACT(*NO) ACCPTH(*NO) SAVFDTA(*YES) DTACPR(*YES) OMITOBJ((&LIBNAME/*ALL *JRN)) OUTPUT(*NONE) /* may want to include output queue data selection as well */

Regards, Chuck

Richard Schoen wrote:
Looks like either the DSPOBJD method or Vern mentioned object
auditing. I'm going to check into that as well.

Peter Vidal wrote:

Probably you can do something like : DSPOBJD OBJ(PVIDAL)
OBJTYPE(*LIB) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QGPL/LIBSTATUS)

After 24hrs you can do something like: DSPOBJD OBJ(PVIDAL)
OBJTYPE(*LIB) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QTEMP/CURLIBSTS)

You can compare the 2 files via the object name and compare
maybe these 2 fields: ODLDAT - Change date (MMDDYY) ODLTIM -
Change time (HHMMSS)

If you determine that these fields are different between the
two, you can back this library up.

Finally, make sure that QTEMP/CURLIBSTS gets copied over
QGPL/LIBSTATUS.

Just a quick thought.... not tested obviously....