From: [1]midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [[2]mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rich Loeber
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 10:46 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Checking for the number of records in a file

Mike,

Use the RTVMBRD command .... check out the NBRCURRCD parameter .... this
is what you're looking for.

Rich Loeber - @richloeber
Kisco Information Systems
[1][3]http://www.kisco.com

Mike Cunningham wrote:

Is there an easy way for a CL program to determine the number of records in a physical file? We upload files using FTP from a Windows server and would like to test to see if the file is empty and send a alert that the export process on the Windows server may not have worked correctly.

Thanks