From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aaron Bartell
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:57 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New machine, Critical storage condition exists.

Yesterday I IPL'd my machine because I was getting an error when trying to
start the *ADMIN server instance (it was saying I didn't have authority to a
/QIBM/US_LOCALE* file or something). Yeah, yeah, that is the Windows
approach to fixing things, I know.

Well, IPL'ing didn't fix the issue, nor did giving my profile authority to
those objects. I am on V6R1 but found some documentation stating that
applying PTF's may fix my problem (even though I never had issue starting
the *ADMIN server before yesterday and before the IPL). So I go to
FixCentral for the second time in my life and "order" PTF's and select to
download them via FTP and go direct to my machine. Well, that process ended
with a message telling me there was an issue on the operators console. The
operator console then tells I have a critical storage condition. Sure
enough, I am at 99% capacity of 239GB. I AM ON A NEW MACHINE THAT IS HARDLY
BEING USED, so something is wrong. Spool files is not the issue (cleared
out the few that were over 1000 pages), so I ran the disk utility and below
are the results:

http://mowyourlawn.com/temp/QUSRSYS_QAEZDISK.csv (sorted by the size
column)

I am not sure what I am looking for that I can delete.

I went through QGPL and deleted a bunch of save files that I don't think I
need (i.e. ZEND, MYSQL type stuff, but those were all under 1GB as far as I
could see).

Ideas?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com