I am the owner of the Easy400 site www.easy400.net .
This site distributes free open source software for IBM System i, all written in ILE-RPG.
We have two cathegories of software:
- softwares for WEB enabling
- utilities

By this posting I want to tell MIDRANGE-L readers that we just announced a new free open source utility
named ODF (Object Distribution Facility).
ODF allows to distribute and to install objects to a user-defined group of System i boxes, via FTP.
It installs in less than one minute.

Some highlights:
- remote systems are easily defined through an utility command
- a single distribution command
-- distributes to up 50 System i boxes (target systems)
-- distribution is of "library system" and/or "Integrated File System (IFS)" object collections,
20 collections maximum per type
-- up 50 members per source file can be individually be distributes;
this can be done for 20 source files maximum
-- up to 40 commands can be remotely run, thus allowing to complete objects installation
-- objects saving on the source system and object restoring on the target systems is automatically performed
-- target systems may have an OS release different from the source system
- the FTP session logs can be displayed through an utility command.

Documentation available at www.easy400.net/odf/html/page1.htm .

Remote support at no charge through the author of the utility.

Thanks for your attention.

Giovanni B. Perotti
gb_perotti@xxxxxxxxxxx