Hi Bryce,

You're right that I can't simply post the article somewhere else. However, I can give you a link to the code download for the article (which isn't locked down, I don't think)

http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/noderesources/code/clubtechcode/GetIfsAttr.zip

So you won't be able to read the explanatory article, but you'll be able to download/read/try the sample code.

That's about the best I can do. This is an _old_ article... my recent newsletter articles *are* all freely available to everyone. I managed to get them to change the policy on it, so that revenue is purely from ads. But the old ones like this one still require membership. Sorry.

Bryce Martin wrote:
And I'm guessing that you are locked by copyright from posting that example anywhere else, correct?

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/11/2009 11:52 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: opendir()

The stat() API will give you most of the details of an IFS object, and is easy to use.

You can get more comprehensive information about an IFS object with the Qp0lGetAttr() API. There are a few thigns, such as the "create date" that aren't available with stat(), but are available with Qp0lGetAttr().

I have an example of Qp0lGetAttr here (but it does require a ProVIP membership to System iNetwork... ugh)
http://systeminetwork.com/article/how-retrieve-create-date-ifs-file

Chris Bipes wrote:
I am working on a program to categorize and move image files from a
temporary location. These files come in on a windows 2003 server and
need to be indexed into an iSeries DB2 database. We use RPGLE here no
real C programmers.

We are using the opendir(), readdir(), and closedir() external
procedures. Once we read the directory entry we use _C_IFS_fopen,
_C_IFS_fget, and _C_IFS_fclose to read additional information about the
file. We are trying to get the attributes for the file such as create
date, modified date, and size.

Am I going in the wrong direction using the fget? What is the best way
get these file attributes

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.