Pat Barber wrote:
On the standard 3488 keyboard, press alt-jump.

On a pc keyboard running Access, you press Alt-Page Up

Uh, on a 102-key terminal keyboard, alt-jump IS alt-page-up. "Jump" is on the cube-front of page-up.

On a 122-key terminal keyboard, alt-jump is on a key by itself.

As to the status line (and this goes all the way back to some of the later pre-InfoWindow models), from left to right, the solid rectangular block is your "System Available" light; it comes on when the terminal is receiving polls. Then you have your "side" number: 1 or 2 on a 3477 or 3487; 1 to 4 on a 3488 or 3489; pre-Info-Window models like a 3180 don't have "sides" unless you have a 5252, which had 2 literal sides. Then you have two "message waiting" icons, an open one for "this side," and a solid one for "other side." Then, you have a large X, when the keyboard is locked, and a small "key" icon (on an otherwise blank screen) when the security lock is engaged. Then there's an empty space for error codes. If the "extended graphics" keyboard mode (alt-shift) is active, there will be a "+"; if the shift key is held, an up-arrow will appear; if the caps lock (102-key only) is engaged, a capital "A" will appear. A large caret indicates insert mode; an Icelandic lowercase "eth" indicates you've pressed a "dead" diacritical, and it's waiting for the letter to attempt to apply it to; a "generic currency symbol" ("satellite" or "squashed-bug") on an otherwise blank screen indicates that the screen-saver is active; an R or P indicates that macro record or playback is active. I'm not sure about a 3488, but on a 3489 (at least with a compatible mouse plugged in), you have mouse-buttons corresponding to the split-screen ("o-O") and setup keys. Finally, you have the row and column where the cursor is located.

All of the functions on the cube-fronts of the keys are alt-functions. When working with RPG source, and also when using SDA, a set of crosshairs can be useful; they are toggled on and off by pressing "rule" (alt-page-down on 102-key).

Any other questions, let me know. And welcome to the world of real terminals: what all emulators strive to equal, what all fail to match in one way or another, and what most fail to even come close to.

--
JHHL