Dennis,

The i system (assuming you are on a current release) is UTC based
internally. Local times are returned to the users based on offsets from UTC.
So from a system (Licensed Internal Code) point of view you are correct --
time doesn't repeat. HOWEVER, and might I repeat that capital HOWEVER, I
have seen very few applications on the system that use UTC time values. Just
about every application I've ever seen (and a significant amount of the i
operating system) uses system time as in QTIME and/or job time. QTIME most
assuredly does repeat if the DST rules call for a change from say 2:00AM to
1:00AM.

I believe work on moving some of the i operating system to UTC was done in
V6R1, but that more work continues to be needed.

Bruce Vining