Create your own SAVSYS job to do and not do what you want:

/* End all subsystems immediately */
ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED)

/* Delay for 2 minutes to allow subsystems to end */
DLYJOB DLY(120)

/* Change message queue delivery to break */
CHGMSGQ MSGQ(QSYSOPR) DLVRY(*BREAK)

/* Initialize tape - can do this here since we use just one tape */
INZTAP DEV(TAP01) NEWVOL(SAVSYS) CHECK(*NO) +
DENSITY(*CTGTYPE)

/* Perform SAVSYS function - save IBM code */
SAVSYS DEV(TAP01) ENDOPT(*LEAVE)

/* Perform SAVLIB function - ignore specific libraries */
SAVLIB LIB(*NONSYS) DEV(TAP01) ENDOPT(*LEAVE) +
ACCPTH(*YES)

/* Save document and folders and distribution objects */
SAVDLO DLO(*ALL) FLR(*ANY) DEV(TAP01) ENDOPT(*LEAVE)

/* Save user objects in directories */
SAV DEV('QSYS.LIB/TAP01.DEVD') OBJ(('/*') +
('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT) ('/QDLS' *OMIT)) +
ENDOPT(*REWIND) UPDHST(*YES)

/* unload tape // pwrdwnsys automatically // repeat any steps desired */

All this can be placed in a CL to be called by the operator.

Dave