Can you get to a DST signon? If not that you could try to reload (don't initialize) the LIC and then see if it will boot. If it will go to DST, then select the option to reload the operating system (don't initialize), you may get lucky

-----Original Message-----
From: James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Oct 28, 2009 3:18 pm
Subject: Re: SRC B90037FF

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, CRPence wrote:
IIRC the SRCB90037FF is a generic "Start CPF failed" condition,
which effectively requires reviewing the data in the additional
reference data to determine the specific failure; i.e. to determine
the symptom as origin for the failure-in\diagnosed-by IPL module
[named QWCISCFR I think] in the function\subfunction & data of the
System Reference Codes. Generally the problem is resolved by
reporting the generic failure to your service provider [e.g. IBM] to
investigate. However one can, using the following debugged failure
as a reference, perform the similar review of the code data with
translation of hex data to character data [except failing
instruction] to build the symptom string:
[snip]
Would a scratch install fix this SRC? It would be ok with me to do a
cratch install.
James Rich
if you want to understand why that is, there are many good books on
he design of operating systems. please pass them along to redmond
hen you're done reading them :)
- Paul Davis on ardour-dev
-
his is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
o post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
o subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
isit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
r email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
efore posting, please take a moment to review the archives
t http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.