David

You mentioned your job log - you can determine what program is doing the fetch - in the interactive job log display, put your cursor on the error message, then press F1. On that screen, press F9 - it tells you what program and procedure sent the message and what program and procedure received the message. Many of these will be IBM programs - start with a Q. Keep doing this on messages until you find one that is your program.

Or DSPJOBLOG OUTPUT(*PRINT) and look at the header line for each message - the from and to program/procedure are listed there.

HTH
Vern

David FOXWELL wrote:
Somewhere, deep in the heart of an application, it would seem that an SQL Fetch has not been coded as it should have been. It's ending in error and the error isn't caught. In the job log a message says that the fetch returned more than one row. The result is that a letter destined for a particular client is not printed. If we try and run the same thing in a test environment, it works. It just occasionally doesn't work in production. We can see the program running the fetch in the log, but which instance of the program...

I'm running a tool to find all instances of Fetch in all rpg sources. I'll then look to see which ones are in the modules making up the program.

While I'm waiting for that to finish, maybe someone out there would have some clues about where to look, or watch out for.

Thanks.