I read that. Doesn't explain how Excel manages to read the thing. The party that sent this to me says he has gone over it carefully. Something is odd.

John

-----Original message-----
From: Luis Rodriguez luisro58@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:35:45 -0500
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CPYFRMIMPF error 98

John,

Let me extend a little on that. 1.) Save it to an Excel (PC) file. 2)
Make sure that you are uploading your data from the first instance of
Excel opened in your PC.

Also, just Googled "CPYFRMIMPF reason codes" and found a discussion on
an iSeries Network forum, answered by Scott Klement, where he refers
the OP to an IBM page (APAR?) that states:

"...Problem Summary

The parsing of a FROMFILE on a CPYFRMIMPF command to find a
valid record delimiter can result in MCH0601 messages when the
record delimiter is not found within an expected range of
FROMFILE data. This typically happens when a record delimiter
is encountered within a pair of string delimiters or after a
dangling string delimiter.

Problem Conclusion

Message CPF2845 with undocumented reason code 98 is now issued
and the CPYFRMIMPF processing is stopped when a valid record
delimiter is not found within an expected range of FROMFILE
data. "...

The URL is:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2fa588b7bda295d7386256fc10042084a

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez
IBM Certified Systems Expert â eServer i5 iSeries