The field is set up as follows:

D PCT_OF_TOTAL S 6 2 INZ(0)

The field is calculated as follows:

PCT_OF_TOTAL = (LBPOUNDS / DIVISION_TOTAL);

It is placed on the sheet as follows:

hssf_num ( row: 3 : PCT_OF_TOTAL : Percents);

Are you saying that I should use a data type other than decimal?

Hmmm... not saying that at all. I usually do this as a formula, so that if
someone modifies one of the cells on which the percentage is based, all will
adjust... and that looks like this:

hssf_formula(row: colnbr: hssf_cellName(RN:colnbr-1) + '/'
+ hssf_cellName(RN:colnbr-2): pctCell) ;

I don't see anything you are doing wrong, though. When I finish my workday,
I'll try to throw together a sample using your code, and see what I can come
up with. Best I can offer at present.

Dennis Lovelady
"There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few things
that we feel like doing today."
-- Mignon McLaughlin