Dennis,
The field is set up as follows:

D PCT_OF_TOTAL S 6 2 INZ(0)

The field is calculated as follows:

PCT_OF_TOTAL = (LBPOUNDS / DIVISION_TOTAL);

It is placed on the sheet as follows:

hssf_num ( row: 3 : PCT_OF_TOTAL : Percents);

Are you saying that I should use a data type other than decimal?

Terry Anderson
Programming Manager
Citation Corporation
Switchboard 1.251.867.5481 ext 212
Direct Line 1.251.809.2312
Fax 251.867.0525
Cell 1.251.363.4975

message: 2
date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 12:40:22 -0400
from: "Dennis Lovelady" <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Formatting a Cell as a Percent using POI.

pctCell = HSSFWorkbook_createCellStyle(book);
TempStr = new_String('0.00%');
NumFmt = HSSFDataFormat_getFormat(DataFmt: TempStr);
HSSFCellStyle_setDataFormat(pctCell: NumFmt);
HSSFCellStyle_setAlignment(pctCell: ALIGN_RIGHT);
HSSFCellStyle_setVerticalAlignment(pctCell:VERTICAL_CENTER) ;

Since your code is so similar to this, I would look at the code that's
placing the cell value. What data type is used? INT would be a problem,
as would numeric with zero decimals.

Dennis Lovelady
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.