Tommy.Holden wrote:
FWIW I use the QSTRUP method...why? That way I can change the
QSTRUPPGM sys value to a temp program that does not start TCP for
performing system admin tasks that require multiple IPLs (i.e.
hardware replacement/maintenance, etc) without having to worry
about users and external applications trying to "tap into" the
system. When I have completed the tasks then I can change the
sys value back to the real start up program and do a quick IPL
and we're back up and running. I just feel that this is a
"cleaner" method but that's JMO

Of course the "start to restricted state" [STRRSTD] IPL attribute handles that, so it seems just as easy if not easier to simply use the CHGIPLA vs CHGSYSVAL before the PWRDWNSYS RESTART(*IPLA); no need for two programs\sources anyway, only one /change/ vs two so only the STRSBS of the controlling subsystem after the final IPL.

Regards, Chuck