I've been through the light bounce, freeze it and quickly duplicate it,
and "Oh Frack it's a brick" with disk drives but all have been out of
PCs. As long as you don't count the old 3370 drives that caused a Sys/38
error light and the CE reported that each pass of PUMP to tape got less
than the previous. :-(

Basically, in 7 years this system has actually been powered off a total
of about 7 times. Four of those were hardware upgrades/maintenance.
Added sidecar, RAID batteries replaced, and replace the UPS. There have
been three disk drive replacements but they were all Hot Swap RAID.

Roger

On 10/13/2009 7:01 AM, Paul Nelson arranged the binary bits such that:
<<I think this is the first time I have ever treated the IBM i like a
PC. Pulling the power cords and waiting 10 seconds after the lights in
the power supplies went completely out before rebooting seems to be
working. It went by C6003915 in under 5 minutes and came fully
alive in 10.>>

Sounds good. You never had to rap a disk drive with a screwdriver handle to
free it from stiction? Those were the days.

:-))

Paul Nelson
Office 512-392-2577
Cell 708-670-6978