From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:21 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: *PRTCTL file

Although there is a CTLCHAR(*PRTCTL) for CPYSPLF to output to a
[device or] database file, there is no equivalent CTLCHAR(*PRTCTL)
support for opening a printer file [not a valid parameter value in
either of CRTPRTF nor OVRPRTF]; there is however, *FCFC. A program
specific to that purpose must be used; i.e. a program that reads the
first four characters of each line of data for both a skip-before
control [first three bytes] and a space-before control [fourth byte]
character, and then writes the data to effect the equivalent, either
with or without forms-control characters. I am not aware of any program
as part of the OS to effect that.

Regards, Chuck

Dan Kimmel wrote:
CPYF to a print file defined with *PRTCTL. I think QGPL/QPRINT will
do.

Spencer Elliott wrote:

Does anyone know of a utility that will convert a spool file that was
copied to a PF using *PRTCTL back into a spool file?