The original XML is created in a variable in RPG module. This module
calls Bradley Stone's GETURI which translates it and does the HTTPS
post. The receiver variable is returned as EBCDIC. He just gave me a
patch which will support a new value in a PARM that will signal not to
translate. (Just after I coded the translate.) I know you have a HTTP
API out there but I spent $499 on a supported API call to do the HTTPS
post so I did not have to code it myself. I feel that I have received
my money's worth with the support I have receive for the three
applications I have written using the API.

There is really nothing against translating it back and forth, I have a
service program to do all of my code page translations so it is a simple
proto type. Also the servers are base 520 power 5 systems with only 500
CPW so if I can spare a couple cycles? I now need to test to see how
these little boxes handle the HTTPS.

Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services
CrossCheck, Inc.