Before our Accounting software package vendor wrote in their own EDI module we were using a company out of Milwaukee, WI named BASE2. Their product was pretty straightforward, easy to use and their tech support was wonderful.

I am by no means affiliated with them, just an end user.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Grizzly Malchow
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:32 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ideas for implementing EDI

I'm looking into ways I can implement EDI at our company. This is my first foray into EDI and I'm pretty much in the dark about what my options are.
Our ERP package offers an EDI module (at an extra charge), and they suggest using Inovis. Due to the fact that Inovis appears to be expensive, I will consider using them as a last resort.
I'm looking for a solution that will handle the EDI translation and VAN requirements, but communicate with me using some other form of technology(HTTP/FTP). The ability to FTP xml files back and forth would be an example of how I'd like to communicate with the EDI company.
Does something like this sound possible?
Thanks,
Griz