On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:34 PM, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  MBROPT(*UPDADD) can replace unique matched values.

But it won't delete existing records in the TOFILE that don't have a
match in the FROMFILE.

In other words, after the vendor app runs the CPYF, the records in the
TOFILE with the specified FROM/TO keys exactly match the records in
the FROMFILE. Thus it appears to me that the vendor is deleting
existing records in the TOFILE, before using CPYF. Unless I'm
misunderstanding something about CPYF?

  I was originally going to suggest an OVRDBF to a logical file,
but then as now, it seems probably that was\is not an option since
the key value selected is dynamic?  I suppose if the -100 is
intended to effect no records being selected, then the S/O LF seems
reasonable, but I am still not sure about the capability of CPYF to
do key selection on numeric values without *BLDKEY.  Although omit
of negative values implicitly makes the data unsigned, there is no
BCD type [on i] which is unsigned; even if there [maybe] is the
ABSVAL kwd or function to make the numeric column to be effectively
unsigned.

The -100 was just an example to demonstrate a negative key. Here's
some real data:
Panel Control Model Value
Surrogate Id Surrogate value
352361422 233 352379618 N
352361422 233 352379619 Y
352851963 181 352853634 2
352851963 181 352853636 1

The file's keys are the first 3 fields.

The CPYF process will need to copy any records with a given Panel
surrogate. I'd like to just specify the first key field, but if I
have to spell out the entire range, ie. 352614422 00000 00000000000 to
352614422 99999 99999999999 I can do that.

I'm going to try to do some testing today...

-Charles