Is the table DDS or DDL defined? If DDS, error is occurring because you have
garbage in a field on a read. If SQL defined(DDL) you are attempting to
insert or update a record with garbage data.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Pete Massiello
<pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

From that message and without looking anything up, it sounds like bad data
to me. Did you make sure that every record contains numeric data for the
field HVR0004?

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com

Add iTech Solutions on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126431824120
Add iTech Solutions on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2206093

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Anderson
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:49 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Error SQL0302 *N

Hi all,

Our PC-based server front-end is accessing data on the i and is sometimes
encountering an error. The following two error lines seem to be the common
link between the QZDASOINIT jobs in error in subsystem QUSRWRK

[CPD4374] Field HVR0004 and value 4 not compatible. Reason 7.
[7 -- Value contains numeric data that is not valid.]
[SQL0302] Conversion error on host variable or parameter *N.

From what I've been told, this has been happening for the past week or so.
We're not aware of any changes on the i or in any SQL code on the
front-end.
It seems that there is no single SQL statement that causes this issue, as
the error will suddenly appear when performing an SQL statement (but not
always). The SQL commands are issued through a JDBC connection.

I did find an APAR issue that sounds like possible cause, however it was
found in v5r3 in 2007, and since we went to v5r4 in 2008, that should mean
we already have that fix, right?
The APAR: http://tinyurl.com/y9f56df

We are at v5r4.

Any ideas?