Thanks Dennis,

I still can't make it work. Even if I start in root and give it the names of two directories I know to exist it comes straight back with nothing.

As I was in root I figured that maybe removing the leading "/" would be required. That certainly dind't come back right way - some 10 minutes later it still hadn't come back so I canned the shell session. I guess I'm just going to have to learn all this Unix c$%p because I need it more each day.

Thanks anyway - luckily Susan found what we were looking for by a more brute-force approach!

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com