rob wrote:
Some of the fields in the file generated by RTVDSKINF
are 37 and some are 65535.

<ed for brevity>
DICDAT CHAR(6) FOR BIT DATA ... DIOBOW CHAR(10) CCSID 37

I hate having to turn on stuff to translate 65535.

Environment: Run SQL Scripts in iNav.

That looks like a defect in the definition for those fields [DICCEN, DICDAT, DICTIM, DIUCEN, DIUDAT, DIUTIM] of the model outfile QAEZDISK in QSYS. There should be no reason one should have to use the "lie about the data" feature to enable seeing the character data [from a non-EBCDIC client]; the DIOBTX is a possible exception, but its implementation as 65535 versus something else, is a side effect of a larger /issue/. The true "character field" definitions of the file, those intended to have visible character results presented, should have a non-hex CCSID defined if the data is not binary data. Those character fields have that intention, but miss the mark due to the *HEX CCSID.

Regards, Chuck