From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:31 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion;
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: problem printing report with overlay to legal landscape

Thanks for your e-mail Dan
however, I must disagree.
I have left the font size alone, but changed the LPI and CPI and get
different results

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/25/2009 03:48:50 PM:

Alan,

You may have problems fiddling with LPI and CPI. When you get a file
set up this way, most times LPI and CPI are used as suggestions for
picking a font and font size, not actual characters per inch and lines

per inch as one would think. Look at your available fonts and pick a
fixed pitch font in the right face (serif, sans-serif) and then start
messing with the font size. If you have outline fonts available,
they'll scale to whatever point size you pick.

Dan Kimmel