Re: My server room is overheating

fixed

Tim Gornall wrote:
The AC in the room is out. Does the iSeries have an auto shutdown function,
warning system, etc, if it gets too hot? What temp in the room is "safe",
will it fry itself, should it me shut down, etc?

Our cage doesn't have its own A/C, just an exhaust fan and a perforated metal security screen door, and we rarely have the building A/C on.

Our boxes have run fine with the cage temperature into the 80s (Fahrenheit), occasionally over 90, without apparent ill effect (although that's definitely the point where we start to turn off everything nonessential).

--
JHHL