This other person has a single lpar power 6 machine with lan console. And
we had to beat heck out of 65-21 to get it up. Darn thing came configured
for HMC. Nice IBM support helped me with that.

The "hey you idiot - start here" guide needs some serious work. For
instance
- the 65-21 follies
- links that actually work instead of those that go nowhere and are broken
- Confusion as to whether or not you really have to deal with ASMI. I
really didn't in this setup.
- Little better explanation as to how lan console searches for some
broadcast information to set the original IP address. (Would have helped
clear up the lack of need for ASMI also.)

Some sample i step-by-steps would be nice also. Like:
- WRKCNTINF (although I thought it did step through that on an initial
manual IPL on 6.1)
- several items in CFGTCP. (Rare to find a new machine not using TCP/IP
so lets just step us through it.)
- Changing recommended fields in CHGNETA.
and I can list a bunch more.