From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2009 9:26 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Advised index not used but still advised

Rick,

Are there lots of indexes/logical files? The SQE may time out and not look at every possible index.

Are there Select/Omit logicals? What's the QAQQINI setting for IGNORE_DERIVED_INDEXES?

Charles

Privileged and Confidential. This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.