Authority issue for receiving a file

fixed

I just bet this is one of those DUH! things. But, it is Friday, people are wanting this now, and I am running dry on ideas.

I am trying to receive a file from another system. I tried FileZilla, and received a rather terse message telling me that the file could not be written.

So, hoping to get better information, I started a terminal session and tried again using sftp.

I get this message:

Couldn't open local file "20090910.txt" for writing: Permission denied

I set up this folder the same way as I did another folder that I can write to. Looking at the folder permissions, I own both folders, and have full permission to both of them.

So, what is the DUH! that I am overlooking? This is driving me buggy.

John McKee