Sorry it took me a while to get back to this. The failure is at the line
that reads:
wb = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

In the following debug session, the failure is at line 1543 (Please bear
with me; this is not an RPG question). I would appreciate guidance.

Display Module Source

Program: ACEHSSF_01 Library: DLOVELADY1 Module: HSSFSRVPGM

1539 /free

1540 wwStr = new_String(peFilename);

1541 wwFile = new_FileInputStream(wwStr);

1542 wwPOIFS = new_POIFSFileSystem(wwFile);

1543 wwBook = new_HSSFWorkbookFromPOIFS(wwPOIFS);

1544

1545 closeFile(wwFile);

1546

1547 hssf_freeLocalRef(wwPOIFS);

1548 hssf_freeLocalRef(wwFile);

1549 hssf_freeLocalRef(wwStr);

1550

1551 return wwBook;

1552 /end-free

1553 P E

More...
Debug . . .

F3=End program F6=Add/Clear breakpoint F10=Step F11=Display variable

F12=Resume F17=Watch variable F18=Work with watch F24=More keys

Java exception received when calling Java method.
+

What line of code in loveladyTest is line 21? It's telling you
something
somewhere is null.
--
James R. Perkins