Hi,

in my former companies everything was journaled not only files but also data
queues and data areas and commitment control was used to make sure that a
transactions is either completed or completely resetted. If an error
occurred a rollback was performed so that we could easily restart at a
specific point for example with a sub-program.

In my current company journaling is not used, and this is one of the first
things I want to introduce.

If you are used to use journaling and commitment control, it is hard to go
back into middle age.
For example instead of doing a simple rollback if an error occurs, now I
have to program all steps back (and am finally not even sure that my data
are correctly resetted).
Or if you do an ad-hoc update or delete with SQL. If the files are journaled
and commitment control is set to an commit level other than *NONE, you do
not have to save your data before executing the update or delete. Just
execute a commit, do the update, check your data and if everything is ok
perform the next commit otherwise execute a rollback.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Birgitta Hauser

Brown)
and keeping them!"